Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gustav Adolf Torg

So I have been in Sweden for a week. Nothing interesting has happened. I mean I have had a great experience. It is really a beautiful place and I am so excited to be here and trying out new things, but other than the normal mistakes newcomers make in a foreign country I haven't really had much to talk about. In order to do a new blog post I guess I was waiting for really cool, fun stuff to happen. Well today was the day for fun, cool experiences... I left my swedish language course and had lunch with a couple of girls I have met there. After that I pondered walking around a bit and window shopping, but decided instead to walk to the bus stop and go home. As I approached Gustav Adolf Torg (A big square in the middle of town) to get to my bus I thought it would be fun to take a video of the square, it being so beautiful and all. I started looking down at my boots with the camera, tilted up to the sidewalk and then began to do a pan of the square. As I am panning right, out of the corner of my eye I see someone walking down the sidewalk, slowly approaching me as if to pass by. All of a sudden the woman starts yelling something to me in a foreign language. I look up at her as she gets too close. At first I thought she was mad that I was standing in her way until she takes a swing at me, apparently trying to hit the camera out of my hand. I mean she hit my wrist pretty hard. I thankfully kept ahold of my camera and yelled at her to get the hell away from me in english. All of a sudden she starts yelling at me in english. Thank the Lord!! I am actually relieved to hear the english version of what she is trying to say to me. This is what she said... " I am related to the Danish government! I know you are a f*%&ing spy... you can't take my picture." She continues to follow me saying, "I've got your number!! I can find you!" ... or something along those lines. I am so confused as to what to do. The people at the bus are staring at her, but she continues to yell and follow me. I am so embarrassed! I decide the safest thing is to forget the bus and walk in the opposite direction she was going. I find a store quickly and duck into it. After a few minutes of wandering around the store aimlessly I decide it is safe to go back and catch my bus.

1 comment:

  1. LOL... why didn't you hit her back Becky? :) crazy, huh? and she was coming from your side? weird...

    ReplyDelete